Shop More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
March 2, 2009
Image Size
656 KB
Resolution
1400×745
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
20,979 (1 today)
Favourites
1,360 (who?)
Comments
162
Downloads
1,169 (1 today)
×
Unnatural Habitat by Kaioshen Unnatural Habitat by Kaioshen
My first full painting, 98% of it (I round up :P) is all me, the other 2% are the textures of the planets. What can I say, i'm a slacker. I wanted to do a lot more to it, but then it might have made the piece too busy, and that's the main thing I was wanting to avoid. I dunno, maybe i'll revisit this and add that little details people (especially me) like so much.

Made with photoshop cs4 and my intuos3

Special thanks to ~edlo for all the help he gave me with this piece, thanks bud. ;)

DD: Many thanks to both Jeff (^gucken) and `hameed for featuring this piece! Thanks again!
Add a Comment:
 

Daily Deviation

Given 2010-05-03
Unnatural Habitat by =Kaioshen
With wonderful lighting and marvellous details this artist shows us what a possible habitat may look like somewhere in space. ( Suggested by Hameed and Featured by gucken )
:iconrajalyoko23:
Rajalyoko23 Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Hexagons?!?
holy crap, I WAS PLAGIARIZED! or you just got the idea first......
Reply
:iconthe--kyza:
The--Kyza Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2011
Amazing!
Reply
:iconkaioshen:
Kaioshen Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Thanks man
Reply
:iconthe--kyza:
The--Kyza Featured By Owner Mar 29, 2011
No problem :D
Reply
:iconrizarlogic:
RizarLogic Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2011
Love the icy world feel, and the domes for their possibilities. The cracked moon seems a bit too round for me to be cracked like that, but maybe the aliens did it or something!

Added -
Varieties of SF Experience | [link]
Reply
:iconkaioshen:
Kaioshen Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Thanks. What do you mean by cracked moon, I don't believe I have that in here?
Reply
:iconrizarlogic:
RizarLogic Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2011
Well, maybe crack isn't the right description, but the second object from the front-left looks like a moon or planet has a huge chunk eaten out of it; sort of like Pac-man ate from it or an alien planet-destroyer bomb blasted it away. It could be recent so that the moon or planet gravity just hasn't had time to crush the surface back to spherical shape again.

Like the DD comment says, I can't find anything impossible about it, but perhaps the hole would still have debris floating away from it if it was recent (perhaps to form into a new moon or asteroid).

However, I often have this feeling of doubt about the possibility of something, and then I open some science book and find it to be reality somewhere! It's never good to close our minds to possibilities because so much is possible with so many different variables to consider! This is why I can't stop watching Star Trek even when the annoying Q being changes the laws of physics or the crew zoom off to some other dimension (where no man or thing has even been before)!
Reply
:iconkaioshen:
Kaioshen Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Oh ok, I think what your looking at is actually a broken piece that came off of the rock that one of the domes is on (to the right of that planet). Which is way you can see part of that planet through the rock right there too.

I've always wanted to remake this with my style and knowledge today, but I need to find time first. ;) I appreciate your thought-out critique, helps me see things from a different perspective.
Reply
:icontadp0l3:
tadp0l3 Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2010  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey! You've been featured in the Deep SPACE Blog - Issue #6. Thanks for making such extraordinary pieces of art!

(yes, this is a mass message - so shoot me! It's still a freggin' good journal entry, and you're in it!:p)
Reply
:iconmilo13200:
milo13200 Featured By Owner Jun 2, 2010  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A really nice painting and a well deserved DD ;)
Reply
Add a Comment: